Steps to Enrollment
- Go online to www.elcamino.edu, click on “Apply Online.”
- New and returning students (those with an absence of a primary term: Fall or Spring Semester; excluding Summer Session) must complete an application.
- A Student ID number will be issued and emailed upon completion of the online application.
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges and trade schools attended must be submitted by those schools to the El Camino College Records Office. Students applying for Advanced Placement credit must submit official high school transcripts.
- For information on how to submit official transcripts, click here.
- All new students are required to participate in Orientation to become familiar with the college and its resources.
- Orientation is offered online via MyECC, and in person by scheduling a New Student Orientation with the Counseling Office. Appointments are made online through MyECC.
- Practice Assessment Tests are available online here.
- Assessment & Testing Center: Student Services Center, Second Floor, Room 217; 310-660-3405.
- Testing must be completed before registering for classes.
- No appointment necessary for English, ESL (Part 1) and math placement tests.
- Available by appointment only: chemistry, ATB (Ability to Benefit), and ESL (Part 2) tests.
- For Assessment & Testing Center hours, click here.
- Counseling Office: Student Services Center, First Floor.
- All new students are required to meet with a counselor prior to registration to develop an educational plan.
- Academic counseling is critical to student success.
- To schedule a counseling appointment, go to www.elcamino.edu and click on MyECC.
- Apply for Financial Aid & Scholarships Financial Aid Office: Student Services Center, Second Floor; 310-660-3493
- All students are encouraged to apply for financial aid: www.fafsa.ed.gov or dream.csac.ca.gov
- A variety of scholarships are also available here.
Register for Classes
- Admissions & Records: Student Services Center, First Floor; Registration Help Line 310-660-6034
- Registration is online and by appointment only and is based on a priority system.
- Registration Priorities information is available online here.
- Registration appointments are available online at MyECC, under WebAdvisor. Register on or after the assigned appointment date/time.
- Computers are available for student use in the lobby of the Student Services Center and the Library Media Test Technology Center (Library East Wing Basement).
Pay All Fees
- Cashier’s Office: Bookstore Building, First Floor; 310-660-3142.
- All fees must be paid by the deadlines or students will be dropped from all classes. For Fee Payment Deadlines, click here.
- Pay online! Go to www.elcamino.edu and click on MyECC.
- For Cashier’s Office hours, click here.
For more information on associate degrees and certificates offered at El Camino College, create a personalized e-brochure.