First Year Experience
Learning Communities Program
First Year Experience
The First Year Experience Program (FYE) is now accepting applications for students interested in being part of our program in fall of 2015. Students must be part of the graduating class of 2015 in order to qualify for our program. After you have submitted the FYE student application, you will be invited to the campus to attend an upcoming information session to learn more about the program, services, and requirements to be eligible for the incoming class.
**Please note: All prospective El Camino College students should submit their admissions application for fall 2015 beginning November 1, 2014 to begin the matriculation process of enrolling, assessing, and completing the orientation process for fall 2015. We encourage all prospective students to get an early start and apply to El Camino College as early as November.
Please click here to apply to the FYE Program.
Please click on one of the dates below to RSVP to the upcoming FYE Information Sessions:
Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2015-Session Full
The Top 5 Reasons You Should Join FYE! (Provided by the office of Institutional Research)
- Students who participate in the First Year Experience Program (FYE) need fewer courses in English and Math to successfully complete transfer-level English and college-level math than students who did not participate in FYE.
- FYE students reach the 30-unit threshold faster than students who do not participate in FYE, achieving 30 units nearly one term faster than students who were not in FYE program.
- FYE students are twice as likely to earn their associate degrees within a three-year time period than students who are not in FYE.
- FYE students are more likely to persist into their second year at El Camino College than students who are not in FYE.
- Last, FYE students are more likely to transfer to 4 year universities than students who did not participate in FYE. There is a 20-25 point difference for students participating in FYE.
Learn How to Be a Successful Student
Starting a new educational journey can be exciting and overwhelming. Whether you are transitioning from high school or returning after a few years of working, there are so many decisions to make and challenges to face. The First Year Experience program is designed to help you be successful in your first year of college life by providing a supportive, caring environment of educational and career services.
- Early Group Registration
- FYE Bilingual Counselor
- Learning Community Courses
- Strategies for Success in College
- FYE Faculty
- Field Trips