APPLY & ELIGIBILITY
How to Apply
If you are interested in attending El Camino College and receiving services through the Special Resource Center, it is very important that you complete the following, as early as possible, prior to the start of the semester:
- Complete an online college application form and submit it to the Admissions Office.
- Contact the Special Resource Center and schedule to attend an orientation workshop and/or make an appointment with a counselor. Our front desk staff can book you an appointment...please call (310) 660-3295 and request a counseling appointment.
The primary objective of the program is to assist disabled students in the successful completion of their academic endeavors. This is accomplished through a process of goal setting, personal assertiveness and progressive independence.
An individual approach is used to accommodate the needs of a wide range of limitations due to a disability. There are many special services and various specialized devices to facilitate the process of reasonable classroom accommodations.
- A medical verifiable condition that last in excess of 45 days.
- The ability to negotiate the campus facilities independently, or with the assistance of student provided attendant.
- The ability to take care of personal needs unassisted or to provide ones own attendant care.
- The possession of a stable level of health to benefit from a full semester's work.